Tuesday 22 July 2008

A day off

My first post is in fact about a rather atypical day when i wasn't at home with my little girl. This is an unusual occurrence and it felt very strange.

On Sunday my husband decided to take B. out for the day; visit the in-laws, go to the park, out for lunch, and then a nice trip to IKEA to round off the day. So I was left in the house by myself. It was very quiet...

I had a whole day to myself, and I didn't have a clue what to do with my time. I tried to think back to the sorts of things I liked doing before I had a child, but my mind was blank. So I started to walk around the neighbourhood waiting for inspiration to strike! It was a lovely day, so it would perhaps have been nice to go for a walk. But before I had time to properly process this thought the 221 bus came along, I saw this as a sign, and jumped on. I was heading for Wood Green.

Now Wood Green, for those who don't know it, is quite a good shopping centre, and a few years ago the thought of being let loose there for a whole day would have been a rather pleasurable one. But faced with a whole mall full of shops, and a high street full of even more shops, I was surprisingly uninspired. Shopping, what is that anyway? Shops just don't give me the same frisson of excitement that they used to. So I decided to go to the cinema instead, and I remembered that this was something that I liked to do before B. was born...

Not being very up-to-date with much that's going on in the world, I hadn't heard of any of the films other than Mamma Mia. And as I'd seen a nice interview with Meryl Streep on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, and I'm quite partial to the odd ABBA song, I decided to go and see it.

No comments:

Daily Inspiration