Tuesday 29 July 2008

Under the weather

Yes, the weather is heavy, stormy and unsettling, but today I'm under it. I don't know if it's because I didn't sleep well last night (because B. didn't sleep), or because I've caught some kind of bug. I know that something must be wrong as I'm feeling too ill to write! That hasn't happened before; normally I'm straining to type fast enough to get my thoughts down before they seep out my head.

I usually take the opportunity when B.'s sleeping, to write things for various forums and review websites, and recently also for this blog. But today it just didn't happen. As I started typing, the room started spinning, and needless to say I didn't get my normal writing buzz...

Now I'm feeling a little better, but still not well enough to tackle the other two posts that I started earlier. I'm writing this quickly while B. is amusing herself. I'm happy to leave her to her own devices for a little bit, and she's quite good at amusing herself sometimes, but occasionally she gets up to no good, and when I go to see what she's doing she's industriously scribbling on the walls.

As I don't feel much like writing, I thought I'd just add some pictures to this post to cheer me up. I love the great outdoors, and something that gives me great pleasure when I'm wandering around is all the beautiful flowers and trees that we come across. This has rubbed off on B., who has begun sticking her nose in flowers, sniffing dramatically, and making appreciative "hmmm!" noises. This is so clearly a learnt response rather than a genuine delight in the flowers; something that she thinks you just do when you see a flower, and it makes me laugh! I love taking photos of the plant-life that we see, and I can often be seen pointing my phone at bushes.







No comments:

Daily Inspiration